Tentative Agreement Reached!
update 05/07/20 2:26 AM
On Monday, April 27th, nursing home workers at 44 homes announced they have authorized a strike for Friday, May 8th. On May 1st, workers at an additional 20 nursing homes authorized strikes. The full list of nursing homes set to strike is here.
- Enough proper personal protective equipment (i.e. masks, gloves)
- Enhanced safety protocols
- Hazard pay of 50% during the crisis
- Adequate staffing & living wages starting at least $15 an hour ($16 for CNAs)
- 2 additional weeks of paid sick time
- Protection of workers’ healthcare when they get sick
You can help nursing home workers and their residents get what they need by spreading the word on social media.