|Job Status:||Full Time|
SEIU Healthcare IL IN MO KS is a dynamic, action-oriented union representing 90,000 healthcare and child care workers throughout Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and Kansas. We believe in a society defined by freedom and justice, where we can all have quality education, health care and jobs, and where we all can live a full and plentiful life of our choosing. SEIU HCIIMK’s mission is to organize together to build power and demand and win social and economic justice for our communities.
The Receptionist, as part of Operations and Support Staff, is responsible for greeting all guests and members of the Union, answering and directing all phone calls, and supporting staff and organization as needed. This position works with the Human Resources team and directly reports to the Facilities Manager.
Location: Chicago, IL
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet, sign-in, and direct all members and guests; offering assistance as needed.
- Implement processes and systems that support the health & safety of all building tenants.
- Work with Security staff, Health Fund and all building tenants and their guests to ensure smooth running receptionist area.
- Provide light administrative support including printing, scanning, copying, and mailings.
- Maintain conference room reservations.
- Set up webinar and online meetings.
- Distribute and log equipment and electronic accessories.
- Sort mail, scan and distribute to mailboxes.
- Log packages for daily pickup and distribution.
- Prepare overnight mailings, deliveries, and messenger services.
- Regular review and response to the Support Service Center (SSC) Ticketing System.
- Order supplies and maintain supply inventory.
- Prepare logistics for special events.
- Special Non-Confidential Projects, as assigned.
Scope and Nature of Supervision:
The Receptionist reports to the Facilities Manager, providing support to divisions within the organization.
Criteria for Evaluation:
- Maintain working positive relationships with other staff, members, callers, and guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Balance conflicting demands successfully.
- Manage conflicts effectively and graciously.
- Complete assignments as directed on a timely and efficient manner.
- Work to demonstrate the climate and culture that the Local is working to create in each interaction.
- Carry out assigned responsibilities in a competent and professional manner in keeping with the Local’s overall goals and expectations.
The Receptionist works indoors in a temperature-controlled environment at a desk. Ability to sit, stand, kneel, bend and walk for extended amount of time and pick up to 25-30 pounds is required. This position also requires ability to answer telephones and see computer screens and security cameras.
Incumbent must be able to use office equipment; including telephones, copiers, printers, scanners, laptop, phone intercom, projectors, and other A/V equipment. Ability to utilize and advance in Microsoft Suite products such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Key Qualification Criteria:
- Two to three years of experience in reception or administrative role.
- Have the ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a shared workspace.
- Be able to maintain several project timelines concurrently and bring all to a successful close without close supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency and comfort with various technologies including Microsoft Office Applications especially Outlook email functions.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt with grace to a fast-paced office environment and fulfill administrative support requirements.
- Social justice and union experience are preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is an hourly non-exempt paid position. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent Company-paid benefits included.
SEIU Healthcare Illinois & Indiana is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and women are encouraged to apply.