Our SEIU Bargaining Team is proud to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement that includes raises for ALL Help at Home Indiana bargaining unit workers!
This was a hard fought victory that is long overdue. Help at Home wanted to lower our anniversary raises and they wanted to institute wage caps that would have hurt long-term workers. We held our ground and we won by standing united and taking action through our union.
Below you will find a summary of what we won, the proposed new wage scale, and instructions for how to vote to approve our new raises so they can be implemented.
- We increased the minimum wage in the union scale from $9/hr. and $10/hr. to $11/hr. and $12.50/hr.
- We consolidated four different wage scales down to two.
- We protected our anniversary raises of $0.20/hour.
- We stopped HAH’s attempt to institute wage caps.
- We made it easier for HAH Indiana workers to join our union by signing up over the phone and online.
- Reopener and duration changes to the contract
➤ Once approved by members, our new union contract will be in effect from September 1, 2020 – July 31, 2023.
➤ If there is no increase to the DSP (direct service provider) reimbursement rate by September 2022, our union and HAH will bargain over maximum wage increases.
Our SEIU Bargaining Team of fellow Indiana Help at Home workers recommends members vote YES to ratify our new agreement.
Voting will be open starting Monday, September 21 and close on Thursday, September 24. Cast your vote by calling our SEIU Member Resource Center at 866-933-7348 and selecting option #4 between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST.
*REMINDER: Only union members have the right to vote on tentative agreements. If you are not yet a union member, you can activate your membership by calling the number above and then your vote will be recorded.