Given the ongoing pandemic, COVID-19 paid time off for DORS Personal Assistants and Maintenance Home Health workers has been extended through September 30, 2020.
Our union fought and won this critical PTO for PAs and MHH workers who have been impacted by the virus through a positive diagnosis, exposure which resulted in the need to quarantine, or if an individual living in the same home tested positive and required care.
With the extension of our previous agreement with the state of Illinois, workers who meet the eligibility requirements listed below can apply for this PTO effective March 21, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
In order to be eligible for the PTO program, between the time period of March 21st, 2020 and September 30th, 2020, you must have been:
- Diagnosed with COVID-19,
- Under a quarantine/isolation order issued by a medical provider or public health agency, or
- Living with or caring for someone who is under an official quarantine for COVID-19 diagnosis/positive test or isolation order consistent with the latest CDC and public health guidance for COVID-19.
How to apply for COVID-19 Paid Time Off
Contact your DORS local office to get a COVID-19 Paid Time Off (PTO) Request Form or obtain an electronic copy from the IDHS website here, or on our SEIU HCIIMK website here.
- Complete and submit a signed COVID-19 Paid Time Off Request Form and include all the requested information.
- Attach required medical documentation confirming your eligibility for COVID Paid Time Off:
- Official medical orders from a Medical Provider (Doctor), or
- Official medical orders from a Public Health Agency (State, County or City).
- COVID Paid Time Off will be calculated based on the average number of hours worked in the last four pay periods. Your COVID pay will be automatically added to the next available payroll check cycle if you meet the eligibility requirements.
If you have any questions or need assistance with applying for your COVID-19 paid time off, please contact our SEIU Member Resource Center at 866-933-7348.